[A-10C] - Operation CRIMSON DAWN 15.03.18 22:00h

Wotan

Miquelet
Personal DCS
25 Octubre 2010
Catalunya
Operation CRIMSON DAWN

Bones,
aquest dimecres volarem aquesta missió per a fins a 6xA-10C. Te bona pinta, veurem com funciona amb la 2.5...

Informació (autor Baltic Dragon):

I was inspired to build this mission while playing the excellent "Operation Bactria" by Habu23. There are 8 main tasks which can be assigned to you, and in each sortie Overlord will give you 3 out of those once you get to IP Ford. Another one will be given when you finish or abort the previous task and return to IP Ford.

After completing 3 tasks Overlord will ask you if you want to RTB or if you want to stay in the air and hunt in one of two predefined kill-boxes (also randomly assigned). There are 2 additional tasks that can be randomly triggered during the mission (with around 10% chance).

This mission heavily uses F10 radio menu in order to give players more flexibility. It should be used by Flight Lead to communicate with other assets - usually when such an option becomes available, you will be informed by a special message. Once you press F10 and choose the option you want, the AI flight you are contacting will respond, therefore I strongly suggest that you actually TALK to the AI (this gives a lot of immersion).

There is a separate ATC built in that utilises F10 (as currently AI ATC in MP just makes things worse). Flight lead should simply use F10 to ask for startup, taxi and takeoff, and upon return for approach and landing.

In the beginning of the mission make sure to call SEAD at the WP2 and push to IP Ford only after “Jaeger” finishes its job. Otherwise you risk overlapping radio messages.

Some flights use “radio transmission” and in order to hear / contact them you have to be one a correct frequency. In the original version of the mission all flights was set up like this for greater realism, but unfortunately a bug with radio transmissions made it impossible to use this option for MP. Those that still use normal radio are marked with an asterisk (*) in the briefing.

This mission is best flown with 4 A-10Cs, though 6 will also have a lot of things to do.
UH-1s don’t have any specific tasks at the moment, but can be used for CSAR in case one of the players have to eject or to provide CAS as directed by Hawg flight. I am planning to add some additional tasks for Hueys and I am looking forward to your suggestions and comments.

The mission is very complex. It has been tested many times, but due to high number of possible configurations, some bugs do exist. Do not hesitate to post them here, but please use spoilers for that!

[youtube]fjAnWEXFnzg[/youtube]

Apunteu-vos!!

A-10C:

- Wotan
- Buran
-
-
-
-

:çsi:

Wotan

Miquelet
Personal DCS
25 Octubre 2010
Catalunya
Tot i les dificultats que varem tenir ahir (actualització interminable, errors al joc, càrregues llarguíssimes...) vam poder volar una estona aquesta missió. Només vam fer una petita part. I aquí en teniu unes imatges:

preparant els porquets

Taxi

Enlairant-se de Kobuleti

Rumb a l'objectiu

Artilleria enemiga localitzada

Comença l'atac

En Buran donant canya

RTB

:çsalut: